This guide clear your questions on how to grant a family visit visa and how to check status of visa on MOFA.
Family visit visas do not grant the holder that they are right to work while residing in Saudi Arabia, depending on their Iqama profession.
Visiting visas are generally valid for a one or 3-month period and are renewable.
Family visa application costs will be handle by the employee residing in KSA.
Mofa Family Visit Visa
Family Visit Visa can issue and status can be visible on MOFA where family member will be able to become legal residents or citizens of KSA.
This is specifically meant for family members to be able to visit KSA and stay with their family.
In Saudi Arabia MOFA visa can be check online including its status, visit visa application status, family visit visa etc.
If you don’t know how to check visit visa status in KSA you can go through this page which will help you in some searches like MOFA visa application, visit visa application Status KSA, etc.
Types of MOFA visa
There are two types of MOFA family visit visa
- For Single entry is 30 days for three months
- For multiple 90 days for 1 year
You can check validity which can be seen from your stamped visa on your passport.
You can Exit and Re-enter KSA as many times as you want till the time of validity of your visa stamped on your passport if it is a multiple entry visa.
Once you get the family visit visa MOFA approval, you need to get the stamping done within 90 days from the date of approval.
MOFA family visa can be eligible for parents, children, husband or wife, brother or sisters, mother-in law and father-in law.
The Iqama holder’s dependents cannot themselves apply for a visit visa application using their own Iqamas.
The resident Iqama holder has to submit an application for the family visit visa on behalf of the visitor.
For this, the Iqama should be valid for at least 4 months.
- Visit the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Click on Citizens and residents then select ‘Resident’
- Enter Iqama number.
- Fill details like visa type, border number.
- Select single or multiple visa.
- Fill details of sponsor, visitor information and relationship.
- Fill in the form and submit
- Once done, MOFA will generate an application number.
- Save and take a printout of the application.
- Submit your application to P&C team for the Chamber of commerce
P&C team will submit your application online for COC approval which can take up to 3 weeks.
35 SAR fee of visa application rectification from Chamber of commerce (COC).
- Make an account on Enjaz website.
- On the Enjazat Website you would need to search for the application using the application number and your passport number.
- You can pay using a Visa/Master credit card.
- To fill your online application and make a visa payment, please log in.
- Log in to ENJAZ.
- Choose “individual”
- Choose “application for visa from Saudi missions abroad”
- Fill out the application form in block letters and upload your picture. Be sure to scan the same picture submitted with pdf form.
- Choose correct type of visa that matches your invitation and the appropriate Saudi mission, from where your invitation is sending.
- After submitting your Enjaz application, make the visa payment. Be sure to use an accepted method of payment.
- Print your Enjaz application form and attach to the package before sending it to the Consular Section.
Now you can check family visit visa status online on MOFA website.
It may take a week or more to process your family visa.
Be patient and check on the status regularly.
- Go to the MOFA website.
- Choose application submitted to MOFA.
- Enter your application number, Iqama number and image code.
- Click inquire.
- Submit your approved application to the Saudi Embassy.
Send a copy of your approval to your family member and direct them to contact their nearest Saudi Embassy for further processing.
A passport copy, an original passport, and four passport-sized photographs are required for this process.
Provide an authorization letter from your married sister, as well as a copy of her passport and iqama if your mother or father-in-law is married.
If the application is rejected re-apply.
It may take up to four applications to receive an acceptance, or you may receive an acceptance right away.
The sponsor of your family can be charged a fine if they overstay their visitor’s visa even if they follow the extension process for a family visit visa.
Documents required for your clarification are
- Health insurance (must be purchased from KSA).
- Options for local health insurance providers will appear upon processing your Enjaz form.
- A visa referral note: indicating number and date of visa, issued by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs or either of its branches in Jeddah or Dammam.
- Proof of relationship between applicant and inviting party in, along with proof of relationship between applicants themselves, if any.
- Applicant’s Original valid Iqama with 3 months validity.
- Passport Copy
- Passport copies of family members whom you are inviting
- Minors (under 18 years) travelling alone, or with one parent, must submit a notarized letter in Arabic or English signed by a parent or a legal guardian.
Note: For non-U.S. citizens, copy of green card or document confirming legal residence in the U.S.
Extension of Family Visit Visa
You can extend single-entry family visa 5 times by Exit and re-entry KSA process.
The process is described with detail by applying through Absher account and need to visit any place outside KSA.
Through Absher account
You can apply for visa through Absher Account by following steps
- Go MOI website link.
- You will have to pay the visa fees (2000 SAR) before applying for visa online.
- After applying, send your application to HR to submit to COC for final approval.
- Login to your Absher account, click on e-Services
- Next select Expatriate services from the given options.
- click on the “New Family Visa Application” after reading the instructions.
- Enter all the required details, making sure that the details fetched by the MOI System are correct and click on the tab “Apply for Family Visa”.
If you are eligible to apply for a permanent family visa online, this application form will appear on your computer screen.
You will have to fill the details such as Amount of Salary in SAR., Level of Education, Date of receiving the highest level of education & Major subjects studied.
Also add the details of the dependents and submit the application.
Post Application Process
After submitting the application, the Absher system will give you an option to print the application.
Sign it and handover to the HR of your company to sign and stamp.
The company will attest the application through the Chamber of Commerce online for SR 30 within 30 days of its submission.
After the online attestation, you have to visit the chamber of commerce to initiate the application within 30 days of its submission against the SR 30 fee again.
Wait for a few days (roughly 3 to 4 days) for receiving SMS from MOI about approval of your family visa.
Keep checking online from website of MOFA.
Once you got the SMS, double check on your Absher Account to ensure that status appears as Approved and also VISA number is appearing.
When your visa is approved by MOI, it will still need a few days (about 3 or 4 days) until MOFA updates your visa information.
You can then send the visa application to your home country to be processed.
You May Also Apply For the Visa by:
Applying in person at the embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Via Mail to the Embassy’s address: 601 New Hampshire Avenue, NW, Washington DC, 20037.
Through the Embassy’s authorized travel agencies.
Family Visit Visa can issue and Status can be visible On MOFA where family member will be able to become legal residents or citizens of KSA. There is two types of family visit visa i.e. single entry or multiple entry visa. This is specifically meant for family members to be able to visit KSA and stay with their family. In Saudi Arabia MOFA visa can be check online like its status, visit visa application status, family visit visa etc. You can Exit and Re-enter KSA as many times as you want till the time of Validity of your Visa stamped on your passport if it is a Multiple Entry Visa. Once you get the Family Visit Visa MOFA Approval, you need to get the stamping done within 90 days from the date of approval. Family visa can be eligible for parents, children, husband or wife, brother or sisters, mother-in law and father-in law. The Iqama holder’s dependents cannot themselves apply for a visit visa application using their own Iqamas.