Learn how to update your passport information in Saudi Arabia through the Naqal Maloomat process on the Absher platform.
Follow our guidelines and conditions to ensure a smooth and efficient update. Save time and eliminate the need to visit Jawazat office in person.
In Saudi Arabia, “Naqal Maloomat” is a commonly used term for updating renewed passport information on the Jawazat system.
Naqal Maloomat Process Online
Passport information can be updated through Absher only once in five years.
Passports with more than 12 months of validity remaining cannot be updated on Absher.
In Absher and Jawazat records, MOI has launched an online way to update dependent passport information (Naqal Maloomat).
We have explained about it below.
In Saudi Arabia, “Naqal Maloomat” is a commonly used term for updating passport renewal information on the Jawazat system.
To perform this update previously, it was necessary to visit Jawazat in person.
It is now possible to do this online through Absher.
This convenient online method allows workers and dependents to update their passport information.
- Foreign investors are allowed to update their passport details through Absher themselves.
- For foreign workers, the Naqal Maloomat process can only be completed through their Sponsor or Authorized Agent’s Absher account.
- Passport information of Dependents of expatriate workers (family members) can be updated through the Absher account of the family head (father or husband).
Absher’s app and portal both allow you to update your passport information.
You can update your passport information through the Absher portal by following these steps:
- Open website of Absher portal
- Click on “Individuals”.
- Log in with your username and password
- Go to eServices then Passports then Update Resident Passport Information
- Then enter the following details of Passport Update Type and New Passport Number
- Update information of new passport like issue date, expiry date, issuance country and city.
- Click on “Submit” once filled.
- That’s it! Your updated passport information will be displayed in your Absher portal profile.
If you want to know that how Absher Account is created you can check our Guide Change Your Mobile Number in Absher in Just a Few Clicks!
Updating Passport Information Failed
If there is an error preventing the process, then what should be done? Common errors appear as follows:
“Sorry! you cannot update the passport information. Please visit Jawazat for more information“.
If this message occurs then you gave two choices
- Do Naqal Maloomat by visiting any Jawazat office near you
- Place a complaint to Jawazat through Absher App
The Tawasul service can be used to ask Jawazat to update your dependent’s passport if you decide to visit Jawazat.
To know more about Jawazat click on link to follow guide on Understanding Jawazat: Your Guide to Residency Permits and Visas in Saudi Arabia
You need following things
- Screenshot of an error message
- Old passport photocopy
- A passport that contains a Saudi visa stamp.
- Copy of your new passport
- Copy of the dependent’s Iqama
To update your dependents’ passport information in Absher, you need to follow some steps.
- Create a separate PDF file for each family member with all the documentation listed below and upload it to Absher.
- After that, you’ll need to submit separate requests for each dependent.
Otherwise, the system would display this error
“Sorry! You are unable to make this request. Description went above what was permitted”.
- Old and new passports
- 3 Iqama size pictures
- Fill the Passport update form correctly. You can take help from the people sitting outside the office. They may charge you 20 or 30 riyals. But, they prove to be handy in such situations.
- Submit your documents. In a couple of minutes, you will receive the confirmation message.
- You can confirm it by visiting your Absher account and find if the information has been updated or still pending.
Place A Complaint To Jawazat
Before placing the complaint, you need to prepare a few things to submit in the portal.
You need to prepare a single PDF file containing all the required documents.
To do that you need,
- Old and new passport of the dependent
- First of all, take a screenshot of the error and save it
- Iqama ( Your’s and dependent)
Check Naqal Maloomat Status online
The status of Naqal Maloomat should always be checked online after submitting your request via Absher or visiting Jawazat.
Check Naqal Maloomat Status for yourself by Following steps to see if an expat’s passport information on Absher has been correctly updated:
1. Log in to your Absher account.
2. check on “Dashboard” by clicking three dots.
3. Once you have scrolled down until you find “Passport“, Click “More Detail’s.
If you can see the new passport expiration date, your passport’s information has been successfully updated.
In Saudi Arabia, “Naqal Maloomat” is a commonly used term for updating renewed passport information on the Jawazat system. Passport information can be updated through Absher only once in five years. Absher’s app and portal both allow you to update your passport information. The status of Naqal Maloomat should always be checked online after submitting your request via Absher or visiting Jawazat. If you can see the new passport expiration date, your passport’s information has been successfully updated.