How To Check For A Police Case In Saudi Arabia

Are you worried about the police case linked to your Iqama in Saudi Arabia?

Don’t fret! I can show you a simple way to check if there’s a case against you online.

If you (an expat) have been involved in a legal problem or dispute, you won’t be allowed to leave Saudi Arabia until it’s sorted out and you get permission to travel.

Furthermore, conflicts between employers and employees can result in you being marked as absent from work and could lead to general reports in some instances.

So, it’s important to check your travel ban status and you can do this using 2 methods.

1. Check Police Case in Saudi Arabia through MOJ/Najiz

The Saudi Ministry of Justice (MOJ) website and the Najiz portal offer an online service for checking if there are any legal cases registered under your Iqama in Saudi Arabia.

Here’s how you can do that:

  • Visit the official Najiz website.
Najiz website
  • Upon login, you will be redirected to the Nafaz/Nafiz portal.
Nafaz/Nafiz portal
  • To login into Nafiz, enter your Iqama number and the same password as in Absher. 
login into Nafiz
  • Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and wait for account authentication.
  • Once logged in successfully, you’ll see the Najiz dashboard.
  • The dashboard offers various service options.
  • Scroll down to find the courts section.
  • In the “My Issues” section, you can view your current court cases.
Police case
  • Click on any case to see its details.
  • You can access session dates and court contact information by clicking relevant sections.
  • Use the “Session transcript” option to download the judge’s decisions with all details.
Session transcript
  • You can also download the session transcript for presentation at Jawazat.
session transcript for presentation at Jawazat
  • If there are no legal cases registered against your Iqama, the message “لا يوجد قضايا لعرضها” (No legal cases to show) will appear.

2. Check Generalization Report through Absher

The Generalization Report Query function in Absher allows you to easily find out if there are any legal cases or travel bans associated with your Iqama number. 

You can use this feature to check your status without the need to visit a police station.

Please note that you will need an active Absher account and the mobile number registered with Absher to receive SMS notifications. 

Here’s how:

  • Log in to your Absher account.
Absher login
  • Scroll down and click on “Service Suspension and Travel Restrictions.”
Service Suspension and Travel Restrictions
  • Click on the “Proceed” button.
  • If no police case is registered under your Iqama, the message “There is no Generalization Report registered against you” will appear.
Police case
  • If there is a police case, the system will indicate a travel ban. Take note of the ban details and proceed to resolve the case.

Please note that labor court cases cannot be checked through Absher and can only be verified through the MOJ or Najiz portals.

Actions to Take if You Have a Police Case

If you find out that a police case is linked to your Iqama, and you believe you’re innocent, it’s really important to head over to the nearest police station and report it.

The police will look into the situation and help work things out.

While this process is ongoing, you won’t be able to leave Saudi Arabia until the case is sorted out.

It’s important to understand that having a police case against you in Saudi Arabia can lead to serious consequences, such as fines, imprisonment, or even deportation, depending on the nature of the offense.

Additionally, you won’t be able to get an exit re-entry visa or a final exit visa during this time.

Final Words

It’s really important to act quickly if you discover a Generalization Report linked to your Iqama.

You should consider talking to a lawyer or seeking legal advice right away.

Also, it’s a good idea to stay informed about any changes in Saudi Arabia’s immigration and residency laws.

Checking for cases online is easy, and if you do find one, make sure to report it to your nearest police station and attend any required hearings.

This is important to protect your rights and make sure your stay in the country is safe and enjoyable.

I hope this information was helpful to you.

Don’t forget to share it with your friends.

Leave a Comment