- What is an Iqama Transfer?
- Charges of Iqama Transfer / Naqal Kafala
- Check Iqama Transfer Status on MOL Website
- Check Iqama Transfer Status on Absher Mobile
- Check Iqama Transfer Status on Absher Website
- Checking Kafeel Name through Mudad
- Checking Iqama Transfer Status on Qiwa
- Bottom Line
In Saudi Arabia, expatriate employees have the legal right to switch jobs and transfer their sponsorship, known as Naqal Kafala.
For instance, if you’re changing a job or whatever is the reason, you have to change your Iqama sponsor/company from one to another as this is a first step for any employer to hire any expatriate employee in Saudi Arabia.
So, If you are going through the Naqal Kafala process, it’s essential to stay updated on the status of it.
Today, I will guide you on how to check your naqal kafala status online using various methods such as the Ministry of Labor (MOL), Absher website / mobile app, Mudad and Qiwa.
Let’s move to the steps on how to check What is your Iqama sponsorship transfer (Naqal Kafala) status.
What is an Iqama Transfer?
A Naqal Kafala refers to the process of changing the sponsorship of an Iqama from one employer to another.
This is typically required when an expatriate switches jobs or desires to work under a different sponsor.
As I have discussed this before in the introduction.
Charges of Iqama Transfer / Naqal Kafala
The fee for the transfer can be 2000 riyals to 6000 Riyals.
It depends on the number of transfers.
For better understanding, check the table below.
|First time||2,000 Saudi Arabian Riyal|
|Second time||4,000 Saudi Arabian Riyal|
|Third time||6,000 Saudi Arabian Riyal|
Your iqama transfer fees should be paid by your sponsor, according to Article 40, Saudi Labor Law.
Check Iqama Transfer Status on MOL Website
This method is the easiest and most used.
Well, to check your transfer status on the Ministry of Labor (MOL) website, follow these steps:
- Proceed to Ministry of labour / Wazart Amal Website by clicking here.
- Select “نقل خدمة عامل وافد” as shown in the image above.
- Select “رقم إقامة العامل” as shown in the above image.
- Now enter your Iqama Number in the space provided (refer to image above).
- Enter the captcha code shown in the image there.
- Now click the “Green” button, which is written as “بحث” in Arabic.
Iqama Transfer Status Meaning on MOL Website
The MOL system will display the status of your transfer request, which can include the following:
No transfer request received: لا توجد طلبات تحقق الشروط
If no request has been submitted for your Iqama transfer, the status will show “لا توجد طلبات تحقق الشروط“.
In this case, you should inform your new employer to initiate the transfer process.
Employee Transfer Request Understudy: تحت الدراسة
This status indicates that your transfer request is under review and verification by the Ministry.
The status will show “تحت الدراسة“.
Waiting for employee approval: في انتظار موافقة الموظف-قوى
After the Ministry’s approval, the status will show “في انتظار موافقة الموظف-قوى”.
This means that you need to provide your consent for the transfer.
Pending in Absher
When the transfer process is completed in Qiwa, the status may show “Pending in Absher“.
At this stage, your new employer needs to pay the transfer fee to finalize the procedure.
Sponsorship Transferred Successfully: تم نقل خدمة العامل الى صاحب عمل جديد
If the transfer is successful, a blue background and the status will display “تم نقل خدمة العامل الى صاحب عمل جديد“.
Also, you can see additional information, like, date of transfer, new sponsor name etc.
Check Iqama Transfer Status on Absher Mobile
While above method gives you the whole status of your Iqama transfer.
This method can be used just to check either the name of the sponsor has been displayed in Absher platform or not.
Which indicates the Naqal kafala has been done.
So, to check through Absher mobile application, follow these steps below:
- Login to your Absher Application, using login details, Face ID (For iPhone users) and Fingerprint (For android users).
- Click on “your name” in the “My Profile” tab. (Shown in the image below).
- Now click on “My personal information” (Shown in the image below).
- Scroll down little bit till you find tab called “Sponsor details” (Shown in the image below).
- Here you can see your new sponsor name, if it’s displaying the old sponsor name, it means the transfer has not been completed yet.
Check Iqama Transfer Status on Absher Website
You can check the status of your Iqama transfer on Absher website as well.
- Login to your Absher account on the Absher website
- Click on the “Dashboard” tab.
- Look for your personal information, including your full name, picture, birth date, and marital status.
- Click on the “More Details” button under your personal information.
- You will find the name of your new sponsor in the “Current Sponsor” section. This indicates that your Iqama transfer is complete.
Checking Kafeel Name through Mudad
You can also check your Iqama transfer status through the Mudad platform. Here’s how:
- Register with the Mudad platform on their website.
- Select the Compliance System option.
- Sign in to your account.
- On the platform, you can check the name and the number of employees in your company, which confirms the status of your transfer.
Checking Iqama Transfer Status on Qiwa
To check your Iqama transfer status on the Qiwa platform, follow these steps:
- Register yourself with the Qiwa platform (If not registered before) and log in to your Qiwa Individual account on the Qiwa website.
- Click on the “Individual Account” tab.
- In the “Basic Information” section, you can find the name of your current employer. If you see a new employer’s name, it means that your transfer has been processed.
What is the Validity of Iqama Transfer Request?
The validity of the iqama transfer request is 12 days. You may receive an SMS from the ministry. However, it is best to check it frequently after submitting the application.
Who will responsible to collect Iqama Card?
If your Iqama transfer has been approved, your sponsor has to collect your new Iqama from the Jawazat office.
What to do if my Iqama Transfer request is pending or rejected?
If your Iqama transfer status remains pending for an extended period or rejected, you should contact the MOL for further clarification.
What is the Estimated Timeframe for the process of Iqama transfer to be completed?
The processing time for an Iqama transfer can vary depending on the complexity of the case and the workload at the MHRSD. However, it typically takes between 2 to 6 weeks for the transfer to be completed.
Checking the status of your status is crucial to stay informed about the progress of your sponsorship transfer.
By following the steps, I have outlined in this article, you can check your transfer status using various platforms.
Stay updated on the status of your transfer to ensure a smooth transition to your new employer.
Also, you can join our WhatsApp group to ask the experts if you have any queries.