How to Cancel Iqama Huroob? – Jawazat New Rules 2024

Did your employer put Huroob on your Iqama?


Jawazat, the Saudi Arabian Passports Authority, has brought in fresh rules for huroob. 

These rules give expatriates more options to fix their Iqama status, addressing past issues and making it simpler for them.

Today, I’ll help you to cancel your Iqama Huroob with all of the research I’ve did.

Conditions for Canceling Huroob Report

Before moving on to the process of removing huroob, you must know there are certain conditions under which it is allowed to cancel a huroob, as mentioned by The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development (MHRSD)Saudi Gazette.

  • Cancelation of the establishment’s file from the ministry’s computer system.
  • Transfer of the establishment’s file under process, and the employer has not opened a new file within 30 days.
  • The establishment’s Nitaqat status is red.
  • The establishment’s percentage of commitment to the Wage Protection regulations is less than 80 percent.

Revised Huroob Regulations

If an expatriate employee leaves their employer without prior notice, the employer can file a huroob.

Under the new rules, the employer will not face any consequences if they don’t know the employee’s whereabouts – Arab News

Here’s what happens:

  • Your data in the Ministry of Labor will be disconnected from the employer once the huroob is filed.
  • You will be marked as absent in the ministry’s system unless you or your employer take action.
  • If you were reported as absent before the update, your services can be transferred to your facilities, and any late fees on your record will move to the new employer with your consent.

Coping with Huroob Status

If you find yourself facing a false huroob status and want to get rid of it, here are some key points to remember:

  • You don’t have to pay any fees to remove huroob to any agent or a company.
  • Huroob can be cancelled at no cost within 15 days, but Kafeel/Sponsor/Employer must visit Jawazat in person to do so. – Saudi Gazette
  • If 15 days have passed since your Kafeel/Sponsor/Employer set huroob, visiting Jawazat won’t help.
    (In this case, expatriates will need to file a case against their Kafeel and prove that huroob was wrongly imposed.)
  • You have 60 days to either 
    • move to a new employer (Iqama Transfer) or
    • to take a final exit

After 60 days, your status will change to ‘Absent from Work’.

1. Cancel Huroob Through Iqama Transfer

If you discover that huroob status is active on your Iqama, you have 60 days to find a new kafeel for Iqama transfer. The new rules simplify this process:

  • The new kafeel or employer can initiate an Iqama transfer request through the Qiwa portal.
  • The Ministry will review and approve the transfer request.
  • After approval, you have 15 days to complete the transfer.
  • Failing to complete the transfer within two weeks will result in the status remaining absent (Huroob).

2. By Applying Final Exit Visa

The new rules also permit expatriates with huroob status to obtain a final exit visa (Khurooj Nihai) under the following conditions:

  • Apply for the final exit visa within 60 days of the huroob designation.
  • After leaving under this status, you can return to KSA at any time on a new visa without a huroob ban.

Consequences of Not Addressing Huroob Status

Failure to address huroob within 60 days can lead to severe consequences, including deportation:

  • You will be required to present yourself at a detention center.
  • You will be detained and subsequently sent back to your home country.
  • A lifetime ban from entering Saudi Arabia on any visa will be imposed.


Understanding the new huroob rules and procedures in Saudi Arabia is quite important for expatriates facing this status. 

With these updated regulations, there are pathways to resolve huroob, either through Iqama transfer, or by obtaining a final exit visa.

Remember that addressing huroob promptly is essential to avoid severe consequences and ensure a smoother transition to a new status or employer.

Leave a Comment