City life is fast, right? Now, imagine your car (the one you really like) suddenly isn’t there anymore.
And when that happens, you feel like you’ve lost your grip on things.
But don’t worry, I’m providing you with the 2 methods in case your car is lost in Saudi Arabia.
- Immediately report on the Absher about your lost car.
- Contact your insurance company to file a claim as soon as you discover your car was stolen. Provide the insurance company with the theft report number.
- Ensure that all details that you provide to the authorities are accurate and complete to expedite the process.
1. Report Stolen Car On Absher
To report a lost vehicle in Saudi Arabia:
- Login to the Absher platform.
- Navigate to the Vehicles tab, where you can access a range of vehicle-related services.
- Select the specific vehicle that you want to report as stolen from the list of your registered vehicles.
- Click on “Report Stolen Vehicle.”
- Click on “New Request” on the next page.
- Provide essential information, such as the vehicle’s details, location of the theft, and any identifiable characteristics.
- Click on “Confirm.”
Once you’ve submitted the stolen vehicle report, you will receive a confirmation of your submission.
This report is your receipt and an important document to keep for your records.
2. Report Your Stolen Car By Dialing 999 or 991
Another way to report a stolen car in Saudi Arabia is by dialing 999 or 991.
Provide necessary information such as the car’s registration number, Iqama number, and the incident’s exact location.
Upon reporting, an SMS confirmation of your police case registration will be sent.
Expect a prompt visit from the police to the scene, where you’ll need to explain the circumstances and provide a written account of the theft.
It’s important to note that if the car was stolen with the engine running, a SR 1,000 fine may apply.
Following the initial response, the police will direct you to a specific traffic police station, where you’ll fill out a form in Arabic.
The police will then register your complaint and furnish you with an official report stamped for documentation.
Acting swiftly in this process increases the likelihood of recovering your stolen vehicle.
So there you have it.
This guide gives you simple steps to follow if your car goes missing.
Whether you go digital with Absher or stick to the old-school 999 or 991 call, speed is the name of the game.
This guide has provided steps to follow when confronted with the unfortunate reality of a stolen car.
Remember, every prompt action taken is a step closer to the recovery of your prized possession.